COSMOS NATURAL CERTIFICATION
COSMOS STANDARD AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
What is the COSMOS NATURAL certification?
This internationally recognised strict standard was developed by the five main European certifying agencies for natural and organic cosmetics (BDIH – Germany, COSMEBIO & ECOCERT – France, ICEA – Italy, SOIL ASSOCIATION – United Kingdom) and it establishes the requirements to be met in order for a cosmetic product to be called genuinely organic and/or natural AND are produced to the highest feasible sustainability practices.
Its purpose is the application of the principles of sustainable development throughout the cosmetics supply chain, from the characterisation of the raw materials to the distribution of the finished products.
These rules are:
- Promote the use of products from organic agriculture, respecting biodiversity;
- Use of natural resources in a responsible way, respecting the environment;
- Use of processes and productions that are clean and respectful of human health and of the environment;
- Integration and development of the Green Chemistry concept.
The final goal is to deal with the issues that are essential for the environment and for the well-being of humans on the planet, to promote the development of more and more natural and organic cosmetic products.
Why we chose to ensure COSMOS NATURAL certification:
We have always wanted to advocate clean products that are sustainable, we want to hold ourselves to the highest standards so that our customers can, in turn, be assured of our efforts. By achieving our COSMOC NATURAL certification our customers know they are part of a planet changing movement.
We love our planet, we love our products and we love our customers, so transparency is key for our continual thriving relationship; the trust of our customers means everything to us.
How are our products COSMOS NATUAL?
- Our formulations contain a high percentage of natural origin ingredients;
- The percentage of components of natural origin is indicated on the finished product;
- Our packaging is minimal to decrease the impact on the environment.
If you’d like to read more about the COSMOS NATURAL certification click here.